New Food Items include Roasted Pig Tail, Indi Frites, Kimchi ‘n’ Curry Poutine and Butter Chicken Samosas
Minneapolis (August 6, 2015) — Visitors to this year’s Minnesota State Fair are invited to taste a sampling of worldly fare and explore global treasures from seven Midtown Global Market (MGM) restaurants, grocers, and gift stores, includingfirst-time Fair vendors Hot Indian Foods and The Rabbit Hole. The MGM vendors will be located throughout the Fairgrounds, including a rotating Taste of the Market booth in the International Bazaar.
The Taste of the Market Booth in the International Bazaar will have two rotating Midtown Global Market vendor menus:
· Aug. 27- Sept. 1: Hot Indian Foods will serve:
· Butter Chicken Samosas: pastries filled with chicken in a tomato curry sauce and served with a side of green chutney.
· Sweet Summer Vegetable Samosas with corn, peas and onions will also be available.
· Indi Frites: Indian-seasoned russet and sweet potato fries in a crispy batter
· Tikki on a Stick; Chicken marinated in spices and yogurt, char grilled and smothered in a tikka sauce
· Mango Lassi
· Sept. 2- Sept. 7: The Rabbit Hole will serve:
· Hot Tail; Roasted pig tail coated in a scallion ginger sauce
· Kimchi ‘n’ Curry Poutine; Braised port and potatoes smothered with curry gravy and cheddar cheese
· Salad named Soo; Cubed watermelon, basil, mint, arugula and almonds mixed with a chili honey lime sauce
· Roasted Corn and Barley Iced Green Tea
Every day in the Food Building, Manny’s Tortas will be serving up their critically-acclaimed Cuban, vegetarian, Hawaiian and Three Little Pigs tortas (gourmet Mexican sandwiches) as well as a new Turkey Club torta which will be making its debut at the fair this year. Fairgoers can also cool off with Manny’s non-alcoholic piña colada served in a fresh pineapple or enjoy a cup full of fresh pineapple bites.
The Produce Exchange will return to the Fair at two locations with healthy State Fair food options. Their new location this year at Underwood and Carnes, (behind the Giant Slide) will feature a variety of fresh fruits, including the famous organic “Big As Yo’ Face” peaches and nectarines, as well as 12-ounce glasses of locally sourced Prohibition Kombucha and Fresh Mango Fruit Pops. The second Produce Exchange location, in the West End Market, will offer their fresh produce in abundance.
The Salty Tart bakery will also be in the West End Market, with a kiosk of their award-winning coconut macaroons. The tasty treats will be sold in packs of three for $5.
Other Midtown Global Market businesses hosting independent booths in the International Bazaar include: Holy LandGrocery and Deli, serving authentic Middle Eastern fare; Fiesta in America featuring an assortment of Mexican candy and ice pops.
Midtown Global Market is an internationally-themed public market offering groceries, great food and unique gifts. There is no better place in town to satisfy your senses. Midtown Global Market contains the best international diversity that has characterized South Minneapolis for decades. Midtown Global Market offers up to one and a half hours of free, validated parking in the East Ramp, located on E. Lake Street and 10th Ave S. midtownglobalmarket.org