New food items include Carpe Diem and Paneer On A Spear
Visitors to this year’s Minnesota State Fair are invited to taste a sampling of worldly fare from seven Midtown Global Market (MGM) restaurants and grocers. The MGM vendors will be located throughout the Fairgrounds including a rotating Taste of the Market booth in the International Bazaar.
The Rabbit Hole and Hot Indian Foods, both returning to the Taste of the Market booth in the International Bazaar for their second year, are debuting new items that have made the 2016 New Fair Food List. The Rabbit Hole will be introducing their frozen treat, Carpe Diem, from the start of the fair until August 30 and Hot Indian Foods will be proving, in an appetizing way, that they understand the essence of the Fair with deep-fried Paneer on a Spear, August 31 through Labor Day. Along with their new items, they will be serving up a variety of fan favorites:
Aug. 25- 30: The Rabbit Hole will serve:
· Carpe Diem; A Taiyaki (fish-shaped) buttermilk miso waffle cone filled with balsamic-roasted strawberry compote and topped with vanilla ice cream, graham cracker crumble and a fresh strawberry
· Kimchi ‘n’ Curry Poutine; Braised port and potatoes smothered with curry gravy and cheddar cheese
· Watermelon Iced Green Tea
Aug. 31- Sept. 5: Hot Indian Foods will serve:
· Paneer On A Spear; Deep-fried Indian-seasoned paneer cheese coated with a local craft beer batter and served with tomato garlic chutney (Gluten-free)
· Tikki on a Stick; Chicken marinated in spices and yogurt, chargrilled and smothered in a tikka sauce
· Butter Chicken Samosas; Pastries filled with chicken in a tomato curry sauce and served with a side of green chutney. Sweet Summer Vegetable Samosas with corn, peas and onions are also available
· Mango Lassi
Every day in the Food Building, Manny’s Tortas will be serving up their famous Cuban, Vegetarian, Hawaiian, Turkey Club and Three Little Pigs tortas (gourmet Mexican sandwiches). Fairgoers can also cool off with Manny’s non-alcoholic piña colada served in a fresh pineapple, or enjoy a cup full of fresh pineapple bites. In honor of ‘Unite in Purple’ day onAugust 26, Manny will be offering a purple piña colada for those who like piña coladas and getting caught in ‘Purple Rain’.
The Produce Exchange will be offering up a break from fried food with fresh produce at two locations: Underwood and Carnes and in the West End Market. Both locations will feature a variety of fresh fruits including the famous organic ‘Big As Yo Face’ peaches and nectarines as well as glasses of locally sourced Prohibition Kombucha and Fresh Mango Fruit Pops.
The Salty Tart bakery will be returning to the West End Market with a kiosk featuring their award-winning coconut macaroons. These tasty treats will be sold in packs of three for $5.
Additional Midtown Global Market businesses hosting independent booths in the International Bazaar include Holy Land Grocery and Deli, serving authentic Middle Eastern fare and Fiesta in America, featuring an assortment of Mexican candy and ice pops.
Midtown Global Market is an internationally-themed public marketplace offering groceries, great food and unique gifts. Midtown Global Market, owned by two non-profit entities: the Cultural Wellness Center and the Neighborhood Development Center, serves as a small business incubator whose mission is to provide access and opportunity for aspiring entrepreneurs. Together these entities make up a dynamic community gathering place that highlights the talent, ambition and cultural assets that characterize its neighborhood, contributing to its economic and social fabric.www.midtownglobalmarket.org