By: Katie Fraser
The holidays have arrived!
Thanksgiving is Thursday, which means many have already begun looking ahead toward Christmas, including the city of Minneapolis.
On Friday, Nov. 24 the annual Holidazzle celebration returns to Loring Park. The outdoor holiday festival includes boutique shops, outdoor movies, skating and more.
To join in the celebration, and offer festival goers and indoor alternative, Café Lurcat is hosting a special “Happiest Hour” during the festival.
Beginning Friday, Nov. 24, and lasting every Saturday and Sunday leading up to Christmas Eve, Cafe Lurcat will be open at 3 p.m. for the “Happiest Hour.”
From 3 – 5 p.m. it will serve a special happy hour menu, which includes $5 Lurcat burgers, beef short ribs, chicken sandwiches, fish tacos and baby greens with smoked goat cheese. Additionally, the entire bar menu will be available.
The restaurant will also be serving a slew of winter-y drinks, special for the Holidazzle event.
These beverages include:
· Hot caramel apple cider (non-alcoholic)
· Hot chocolate (non-alcoholic)
· The Happy Irishman (Jameson, Stirrings Ginger Liqueur, lemon, agave and hot water)
· Feliz Navidad (Cabrito Blanco, triple sec, peach schnapps and hot water)
· Tip Toe Tingler (Loch Lomond high Commissioner Scotch, strenga, lemon, demerara syrup and hot water)
· Hot Honey (Benedictine, steamed milk and whipped cream)
· Tuaca Cider (Tuaca, hot cider with cinnamon and caramel)
Café Lurcat will open at 3 p.m. Friday, Nov. 24, then just Saturdays and Sundays until Christmas Eve. It is located at 1624 Harmon Place in downtown Minneapolis.
The Holidazzle Festival takes place in the center of Loring Park. It is open from 5 – 9 p.m. Thursday, 5 – 10 p.m. Fridays, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturdays and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sundays.
For more information about Cafe Lurcat, visit the restaurant online.